Holidayhomes4rent.co.uk Property Hire – Terms & Conditions
Please do not book for parties of young people, Stag or Hen parties, as they will be refused access to the property-which can be upsetting for everyone concerned.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENT
A provisional booking will be accepted by the property owners, subject to receiving a £50 deposit within 5 days, this deposit could be cheque, cash or bank transfer. Upon receiving deposit, you’ll receive confirmation for the dates that you have now booked. Please note that ALL bookings are provisional until the Property owners receive the deposit.
DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION.
2. If the deposit is not received within 5 days it is assumed by the Property owners that the provisional booking is no longer required.
3. THE BALANCE OF THE HIRE CHARGE IS DUE SIX WEEKS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL, if the balance is NOT received within this time frame, then the Property owners reserve the right to hire the Property to someone else. Bookings taken with less than SIX weeks remaining can only be accepted if payment is made in full and received within 5 working days.
4. The hirer shall also pay a £100.00 refundable security bond. This bond is fully refundable at the end of the hire period and returned within seven days of departure date. The Property owners reserve the right to withhold some or the entire bond and /or bill the hirer for the additional cost of: a) replacing and/or repairing all damage b) all breakages c) charge for cleaning the Property or removing stains or replacing as new. All breakages, damage and stains within the Property must be paid for.
The hirer must inform the property owners within 12hrs of arrival/departure of all defects, inventory shortages and/ or breakages. Failure to do so will result in you, the hirer being responsible.
5. In the event of a cancellation, the hirer must confirm this in writing by post or email. (Deposits are not refundable in the event of a cancellation).
5a.We advise you to take out your own travel insurance, to cover you in the event of cancellation.
6. No refund will be made to the hirer whose hiring has commenced and who vacates the Property for any reason including an emergency at home.
7. Once the balance has been paid refunds will only be considered in certain circumstances at the owner’s discretion and subject to the time remaining to the holiday and a replacement booking being obtained.
8. In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as fire or flooding), we will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will offer a refund for all monies paid. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
GENERAL BOOKING CONDITIONS
9. Bookings will only be accepted from hirers who are twenty-five (25) years of age and above. No same sex groups (Couples and Family’s only).
10. Only the persons on the booking form may stay at the Property. Over Occupancy will not be tolerated, due to a breach in park rules and health & safety guidelines.
11. ALL changes to a booking are allowed by prior agreement with the Property owners and confirmed in writing to the owners.
12. The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all persons listed on the booking form.
13. The hirer agrees that all persons named on the booking form shall be with you (the hirer) during your hire period of the holiday Property. Holiday park owners and/or their staff shall have a copy of your booking form. The booking form is important because it is for you and your parties’ safety and security purposes only.
14. Each person listed on the booking form and your guest(s)/visitor(s) must be prepared to identify themselves to the park owners or their staff upon request and comply with their reasonable requirements.
15. The hirer shall notify the Property owners in writing with any changes to person(s) listed on the booking form at the earliest possible opportunity and in any event, prior to arrival at the holiday park.
16. The hirer must give access to the holiday Property as / when required to the Property owners, holiday park owners and their staff / agents.
17. The Property owners reserve the right to refuse any booking without any obligation to give a and /or reserve the right to terminate any booking for whatever reason at their absolute discretion.
UPON COMMENCEMENT OF HIRE
18. The holiday Property maybe occupied from 2pm onwards (Foxdown 8 & Glenmoor 41) and 3pm onwards (Dartmoor 27 & Bearsdown 10) on the first day of hiring.
19. In the case of a maintenance problem, the hirer shall contact the Property reception or Property owner. D.I.Y repairs must NOT be attempted. If the hirer does any D.I.Y repairs, then rule 4 will apply.
20. No pets are allowed.
21. Smoking is NOT permitted in the Property but an ashtray is provided for outside use only- any evidence of smoking within the Property, then rule 4. shall apply.
22. The Property is to be left in a clean and tidy condition ready for the next tenants, due to inspection by staff. If not, then rule 4. shall apply.
23. Holiday park owners and their staff do not accept liability for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property and/ or accidents, injuries, illness, diseases, arising from the hire of the Property or use of the holiday park, including acts of god or extreme weather conditions.
24. We advise you to take out your own travel insurance, to cover you in the event of accident, injuries, illness and disease.
25. The holiday Property MUST be vacated by 10am on the last day of hiring, to allow time for cleaning for new guests to arrive. Delays to your departure may result in your damage deposit being retained.
26. No Prams/Buggies to be used in the Properties as this has been known to Damage Doors and Fittings.
27. Travel cot and/or high chairs provided to you for use during your stay are used at your own risk. We accept no liability for accidents, injuries and/or illness arising from the use of them. We recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover you as per rule 23
28. Entertainment/facility passes are not included in the cost of your accommodation. Passes for South Bay Holiday Park must be purchased directly from reception at the cost of £18.00 for a short break (3/4 nights) and £24.00 for stays over 7 nights.
Should you use the facilities without purchasing entertainment passes, we do not accept liability for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property and/ or accidents, injuries, illness, diseases, arising from the use of the holiday park, including acts of god or extreme weather conditions.
IF YOU ARE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY / HOLIDAY PARK BY THE HOLIDAY PARK OWNERS OR THEIR STAFF FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER, THE PROPERTY OWNERS SHALL NOT REFUND ANY MONEY PAID.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
29. We are members of The Guestscan Association, an unincorporated association of holiday accommodation owners whose address is 46-48 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4LY and who maintain a database of information about guests who have, in the reasonable opinion of members, caused the member to suffer loss or damage. The Guestscan Association is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
30. By booking with us you authorise us to report the circumstances surrounding any loss or damage you cause during your stay and to share the information you provide in relation to your booking (including your name, address etc) with other members of the Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited, who may add your details to the Guestscan Association database. This may result in other members of the Guestscan Association refusing to accept bookings from you in the future. The Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited may also use your information to analyse and improve the effectiveness of the Guestscan service. We will also use your information for our own internal record keeping.
31. The Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited will not share your information with any other party for advertising or marketing purposes and will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).Our Data Protection Policy is available at
32. The Guestscan Association will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary to protect the interests of members and the length of time will depend on the severity of the report that is made about any loss, damage or unacceptable behaviour during your stay. In any event, your information will be destroyed automatically or before the fourth anniversary of the date that the report is made.
33. You may request copies of the information that we hold about you at any time by writing to Guestscan Limited at 46-48 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4LY. We may make a small charge which will not exceed £10.
34. If you think that the information we have about you or records of your stay are incorrect or misleading, you should contact Guestscan Limited as soon as possible at the above address so that we can take steps to correct our records where necessary.
Once we have received your £50.00 deposit you the hirer has agreed to the full terms and conditions, as above, as applicable at the time of your booking and holiday.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights under English law.